2013 String Band Division
1. Greater Overbrook- Headin' For The Hills
2. Durning- What's Hop-pening
3. Trilby- Yo Ho Ho and A Bottle of Mum
4. Broomall - Just What the Doctor
5. South Philadelphia- Barnyard Moosical
6. Hegeman- Just Imagine
7. Woodland- A Knight You Won't Forget
8. Aqua- Bummin' & Mummin' on Broadway
9. Uptown- Keystone Kops and Kapers
10. Polish American- A Rio Good Time
11. Avalon- Big Top On Broad
12. Ferko- Ferko's Bringin' Back Those Minstrel Days
13. Greater Kensington- G.K. Rides Again
14. Quaker City- Pow Wow
15. Pennsport- Mummers In De-Nile
16. Duffy- Duffy Takes The Cake
17. Fralinger- Back From the Dead
Fancy Brigades 2013
1. Golden Crown - Apocalypse: Activate Thunderdome
2. Bill McIntyre's Shooting Stars- Super Heroes-Super Villains-Super Thrills
3. Jokers- Midnight Masquerade
4. Satin Slipper- Cyborgs: Rise of the Machine
5. Downtowners- Gods of the Sun
6. Saturnalian- The Mayan Prophecy: Mystery of the Crystal Skulls
7. South Philly Vikings- R ... U . . . Game
8. 2nd Street Shooters- Vikings: Legend of the Dragon Claws
9. Clevemore- Battle for the Power of the Frozen Planet
10. Avenuers - Uniting of Nations Spirit of the Eagle
PHILADELPHIA—As the title sponsor of the 2012 Mummers Parade and Fancy Brigade Finale, SugarHouse Casino will host a Mummers Appreciation Weekend, Feb. 10—12, to thank Philadelphia’s strutting performers for all they do to make the city’s New Year’s Day festivities so special.
The weekend-long event will include food and drink specials exclusively for Mummers, as well as exciting giveaways and gaming promotions. It will conclude with a Mummers-only raffle drawing on Sunday at 4 p.m. for a customized Harley Davidson Motorcycle. The Harley will be decked out in Mummers flare, perfect for driving—rather than strutting—down Broad Street.
For Mummers fans, the casino will host a “Battle of the Bands” competition from 11 a.m.—4 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 11, giving the string band clubs the opportunity to compete against each other for the winning title. Guests can vote on their favorite performances in the Refinery restaurant and bar, where ballots will be available on the tables. All participating bands will receive a $500 donation on behalf of SugarHouse.
In addition, on Sunday, Feb. 12, guests can wake up to a Mummers Pancake Brunch from 9—11:30 a.m. Assorted fruit toppings and sweets will be available to dress the pancakes, with breakfast sides, coffee and juices included. The brunch is free for Mummers club members and is available to all other guests for $10.
“This is our way of saying ‘thanks’ to the Mummers for the countless memories they have given our city, creating a colorful and bright start to the year,” said Wendy Hamilton, general manager of SugarHouse Casino.
The Mummers Parade is the longest-running New Year’s Day tradition in the country. Its roots date back to the late 1600s in Philadelphia, and the first officially sanctioned parade by the city was in 1901. The parade features complex, custom costumes, music, and renowned pageantry with more than 10,000 participants.